We often think that, I am doing my Best, but nobody is appreciating it. I am doing many things for him / her yet, He / She is not noticing or appreciating it. So let’s analyze why people don’t appreciate.
Reason why people don’t appreciate others:
- EGO: People feel that if they appreciate another person they admit that he/she is better than them and their arrogance and ego never allows it.
- Jealousy: People simply don’t appreciate another person, because they think that they would have done this better than that person.
- Shyness: Few people by nature are very shy, even if these types of people really want to appreciate you, they are not able to appreciate.
- People are not appreciating you because you are not appreciating them.So few people think that I will appreciate that person only when that person first appreciate me.
- They must be appreciating others: It’s not like people are not at all appreciating, they might be appreciating others but not you. Try and find out the reason, why they are not appreciating you, if you want to.
What we should do if people don’t appreciate us:
In my previous post on Why People Don’t appreciate…, we have analyzed the reason why people don’t appreciate and how we should learn from that.
Now in this post we will discuss how to appreciate others:
- If you are too shy to appreciate people , the best way will be writing a note of appreciation and giving it to the concern person.
- This is the era of social Media, a very simple yet effective way of appreciating a person will be appreciating them on social media like: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and last but not the least WordPress.
- One thing to keep in mind always while appreciating is that appreciation should be genuine.
- Acknowledging People: Sending a Good Morning Text or when you are in office greeting people with Good Morning is a great way to start your day. It makes yours as well as that person’s day special and beautiful.
- Attentive Listening: If you want to give something worth to a person then listen them carefully. You need not have to appreciate them with your words. You have already appreciated them with your attentive listening.
- Appreciate 10 people in a day. This does not mean you start appreciating each and every one and that is not genuine. You need to give a genuine appreciation. And believe me it is not at all difficult to appreciate 10 people genuinely.
And Ya… off course one of those 10 people should be you.
- Appreciate the little things, example of simple things to appreciate:
- You are looking handsome / beautiful
- Hey.. Your shirt is nice
- Thank you for the lovely Gift
- Dinner was delicious
- You make me happy
- You helped me right, when I need it.
- You did excellent job
- We appreciate your thinking
- Wish them on their special day
These small appreciation can make the day of that person.
Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you will soon find many others around you appreciating you. Truly appreciate life, and you will find that you have more of it.
If you start appreciating people, you will automatically start getting appreciation, from others if not from the same person. © Manish Malu
Thanks for reading..
© All rights reserved
Manish Malu 2018
Over the last 5 months of blogging I have received many appreciations for my blog and posts, So I have compiled your appreciations on Testimonial page of my site.
Please visit the same by clicking the link Testimonials.
I sincerely thank each one of you for such a wonderful words of appreciation and request you all to go through the same read the related posts.
Thanks you so much…