The Art of appreciating others…
In my previous post on Why People Don’t appreciate…, we have analyzed the reason why people don’t appreciate and how we should learn from that.
Now in this post we will discuss how to appreciate others:
- If you are too shy to appreciate people , the best way will be writing a note of appreciation and giving it to the concern person.
- This is the era of social Media, a very simple yet effective way of appreciating a person will be appreciating them on social media like: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and last but not the least WordPress.
- One thing to keep in mind always while appreciating is that appreciation should be genuine.
- Acknowledging People: Sending a Good Morning Text or when you are in office greeting people with Good Morning is a great way to start your day. It makes yours as well as that person’s day special and beautiful.
- Attentive Listening: If you want to give something worth to a person then listen them carefully. You need not have to appreciate them with your words. You have already appreciated them with your attentive listening.
- Appreciate 10 people in a day. This does not mean you start appreciating each and every one and that is not genuine. You need to give a genuine appreciation. And believe me it is not at all difficult to appreciate 10 people genuinely.
And Ya… off course one of those 10 people should be you.
- Appreciate the little things, example of simple things to appreciate:
- You are looking handsome / beautiful
- Hey.. Your shirt is nice
- Thank you for the lovely Gift
- Dinner was delicious
- You make me happy
- You helped me right, when I need it.
- You did excellent job
- We appreciate your thinking
- Wish them on their special day
These small appreciation can make the day of that person.
Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you will soon find many others around you appreciating you. Truly appreciate life, and you will find that you have more of it.
If you start appreciating people, you will automatically start getting appreciation, from others if not from the same person. © Manish Malu
Thanks for reading..
© All rights reserved
Manish Malu 2018