Self-Discipline, How to bring discipline in Life
Self-discipline begins with Mastering control on your own thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do.
Read Power of our thoughts… for mastering your thoughts.
Self-discipline is about controlling your desires and impulses while staying focused on what needs to get done to achieve your Goal.
You know most of us break the self-discipline everyday, that too before the day starts. It gets broke when we snooze our Alarm Clock.
If you want to get up at 6.40 in the morning set Alarm for 6.40 only, rather than setting at 6.30 and snoozing it for 10 minutes.
Self-discipline is when you are responding instead of reacting. – ©
So now let us discuss how to achieve self-discipline:
- Become comfortable with discomfort. If you are in comfort zone then come out of comfort zone How?.. Read this …How to come out of comfort zone…
- Visualize your success, which will make you stay focused towards your Goal.
- Learn to manage your time by managing priorities – If you want to know how to manage priorities read my article Utilizing time effectively by Priority Management…
- Do regular Mediation and exercise, this will increase your will – power, focus and concentration.
- Learn to say NO, else you will be running out of time always.
- Think before you make a commitment and and once you have made commitment then complete that commitment.
- Know your weaknesses and try and improve on those weaknesses.
- Set Goal in life and have an execution plan to achieve the same.
- Challenge yourself, Start doing what you are afraid of doing.
- Form some Good Habits, First you form habits and then habits forms you… Read my post on 30 habits which will make you successful…
- Forgive yourself, learn from failure and move forward.
- Have an attitude of gratitude.
- Learn to forgive people, whether to forget or not is up to you.
- Eat Healthy , Stay Healthy.
- Early to bed and Early to rise
Will talk on benefits of self-discipline in next post.