How to give and receive feedback… Part 2…
In How to give and receive feedback… Part 1… we have discussed and analyzed what is feedback and how to give feedback.
Now in this section we will discuss the most important part of feedback i.e. How to receive feedback.
If nobody is giving you feedback, it means they are giving your feedback to someone else and which is not at all good for you.
You must analyze why you are not getting direct feedback. Have you done something in past, due to which they are not giving you direct feedback.
निंदक नियरे राखिए, ऑंगन कुटी छवाय, बिन पानी, साबुन बिना, निर्मल करे सुभाय।
Keep your critiques close to you, let their hut be in your courtyard,
That way you don’t need soap n water to cleanse your nature,
Tips for receiving feedback effectively:
- First and foremost thing, when someone gives you feedback, always say Thanks.
- Good feedback is key to improvement.
- Feedback is breakfast of champions.
- Feedback is an opportunity to develop.
- Avoid defensive behavior and over – reaction.
- Seek for the example of behavior which concerned the Giver.
- Don’t become negative while receiving feedback.
- Don’t be bothered about negative feedback:
- If it is right , then you should thank the person and try to improve.
- If it is wrong, still thank the person and no need to get bothered.
- Learn to take criticism seriously but not personally.
- Listen to understand, not to reply.
Either Love me or hate me, but don’t ignore me.
So in case of feedback:
Either give me positive feedback or negative feedback, but don’t stop giving me feedback.
Thank you so much for reading … Please share your feedback…
© All rights Reserved
Manish Malu 2018