Hello Friends, let us today understand, what is self-acceptance, how we can accept ourselves, what are the benefits of self-acceptance.
Meaning of Self- Acceptance
- Self-acceptance is:
- The awareness of your strengths and weaknesses
- The realistic appraisal of your talents, capabilities, and worth
- The feeling of satisfaction with yourself, despite flaws and regardless of past choices
- It open up more possibilities of succeeding because you are not fighting yourself along the way.
- No amount of self-improvement can make up for any lack of self-acceptance.
Process of Self-Acceptance
- To be beautiful means to be yourself. You do not need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.
- Accept everything about yourself I mean everything, you are you and that is the beginning and the end no apologies, no regrets.
- Let go the things, which you cannot control and focus on the things, which you can control.
- Forgive yourself for not doing something or for doing something in the past. Move forward.
- Celebrate your strengths and accept your weakness. This does not mean that you will not improve yourself.
- However, for improving yourself first you need to accept that you need to improve on something.
- Stop rating yourself against others. You are unique.
- One of the most significant factors to be happy, and overall feel satisfied with your life, is self-acceptance.
- Be honest with yourself and make better personal decisions.
Benefits of self-Acceptance
- It is a tool for self-development.
- Making mistakes is not a problem; our life did not come with User Manual.
- Happiness is in the solving of the problems, not in not having problems in the first place.
- Acknowledge and accept all parts of yourself, including your negative qualities. Awareness is the first step to improvement.
Self-acceptance is a journey, not a destination, we need to practice this daily. From time to time, we will be tested by life situations and challenges that will reveal just how much self-acceptance we really have for ourselves.
Read about Mastering Self – Discipline…