In my previous post on Why People Don’t appreciate…, we have analyzed the reason why people don’t appreciate and how we should learn from that.
Now in this post we will discuss how to appreciate others:
- If you are too shy to appreciate people , the best way will be writing a note of appreciation and giving it to the concern person.
- This is the era of social Media, a very simple yet effective way of appreciating a person will be appreciating them on social media like: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and last but not the least WordPress.
- One thing to keep in mind always while appreciating is that appreciation should be genuine.
- Acknowledging People: Sending a Good Morning Text or when you are in office greeting people with Good Morning is a great way to start your day. It makes yours as well as that person’s day special and beautiful.
- Attentive Listening: If you want to give something worth to a person then listen them carefully. You need not have to appreciate them with your words. You have already appreciated them with your attentive listening.
- Appreciate 10 people in a day. This does not mean you start appreciating each and every one and that is not genuine. You need to give a genuine appreciation. And believe me it is not at all difficult to appreciate 10 people genuinely.
And Ya… off course one of those 10 people should be you.
- Appreciate the little things, example of simple things to appreciate:
- You are looking handsome / beautiful
- Hey.. Your shirt is nice
- Thank you for the lovely Gift
- Dinner was delicious
- You make me happy
- You helped me right, when I need it.
- You did excellent job
- We appreciate your thinking
- Wish them on their special day
These small appreciation can make the day of that person.
Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you will soon find many others around you appreciating you. Truly appreciate life, and you will find that you have more of it.
If you start appreciating people, you will automatically start getting appreciation, from others if not from the same person. © Manish Malu
Thanks for reading..
© All rights reserved
Manish Malu 2018
Tips for saving your daily energy and time:
— Don’t take things personally
— Don’t compare yourself with others and focus on yourself, read this wonderful post You are you… Don’t compare with anyone…
— Don’t hold on to past.
— Don’t check Facebook, Instagram every now and then.
— Be positive, think positive, say positive and stay positive.
— Don’t take stress.
In my previous post on Mastering Self – Discipline… we have discussed on how to achieve self-discipline, so now we will discuss the benefits or advantages of mastering self-discipline.
Benefits of Self-Discipline:
- Your decision making will improve and you will be able to keep your commitments.
- It will improve your thinking and you will become more open in your thinking.
- You will become more confident, and this confidence will make it easier to take criticism more positively.
- In developing and maintaining good relationships. In a good relationship, we value loyalty, honesty, integrity, responsibility, understanding, etc., and these qualities are possessed by a self-disciplined person.
- It will help in fulfilling your dreams or Goal in life. For fulfilling your dreams you need a lot of dedication, hard work, determination, focus, positive attitude, etc. and all these can only come from mastering self-discipline.
- Your life will become stress-free.
- In achieving self-control. A person with self-discipline will always be very careful in using words while talking.
- In building your inner strengths and you will become mentally strong. When you become mentally strong you will stop self-doubting.
- To stay focused in your life by training your mind constantly and practicing good habits which in turn helps you to lead a better life.
- In our current daily life, there are a lot of negative feelings due to which there are chances of getting distracted from the goal. It improves our self-control so that the mind wouldn’t get distracted and that will increase self-confidence.
- Discipline creates respect – People automatically respect someone who is disciplined, who is focused, who is self-driven.
I have read this story, I find it very useful and Motivational so sharing here, please read it….
A teacher asked her students to bring some tomatoes in a plastic bag to school.
Each tomato was to be given the name of a person whom that child hates.
So, the number of tomatoes would be equal to the number of persons they hate.
On a pre-determined day, All the children brought their tomatoes well addressed.
Some had two, some had three and some had five, some even had 20 tomatoes in accordance with the number of people they hated.
The teacher then told them they had to carry the tomatoes with them everywhere they go for two weeks.
As the days passed the children started to complain about the decay and smell of the tomatoes.
The students who had many tomatoes complained it was very heavy to carry and the smell was too much.
After a week, the teacher asked the students “How did you feel this week?”
“You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” –Shonda Rhimes.