Meaning of Self-Action:
When we are not dependent on any one for taking any steps or action. In simple words Self-Starter. Self-starters are people who take initiative, can work without supervision and knows how to take action without direction.
Are you a Self-starter, can you take action without direction:
There are two kinds of people in life: those who take action and those who wait for direction. Which one are you? Most likely, at this moment you are validating to yourself that you are a person who takes action, a go-getter, a person who takes charge when or if needed.
The truth is only a small percentage of people take action and are what the world likes to call “leaders.”
Nearly all other people wait for direction from what life dictates to them on any given day.
Story of crippled Fox
A man was walking through a forest when he saw a crippled fox. “I wonder how it manages to feed itself?” He thought.
At that moment, a tiger approached, carrying its prey in its mouth. The tiger ate its fill and left what remained for the fox.
“If God helps the fox, he will help me too,” The man thought. He went back home, shut himself up in his house and waited for the Heavens to bring him food.
He lay there in bed waiting for God to provide for him as he had for the fox, but instead just starved.
Just when he was becoming almost too weak to go out and work, an angel appeared.
“Why did you decide to imitate the crippled fox?” asked the angel. “God has given you gifts and abilities to contribute to the world and make a living, while looking after the crippled foxes of the world. Get out of bed, pick up your tools and follow the way of the tiger!”
I only have one question today. Which one are you, the fox or the tiger?
Do not wait for the perfect moment
This is one of the most common ways we limit ourselves, by convincing ourselves that certain things need to take place before we can get moving on our goals.
However, what if, while you are waiting for the universe to take action, the universe is waiting for YOU to take action before it creates conditions that are more favorable?
Do you want to know who you are? Do not ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.
Benefits of self-Action, when you do not wait for direction for taking action
- While you cannot control everything that happens around you or to you, you can control how you respond.
- Small successes set the stage for larger ones. Take note of your accomplishments.
- You serve as a role model to others. Often, it just takes one person having the courage to take that step towards their goal, and others will do the same.
- Taking initiative is taking a risk. But it’s the only way you’re going to learn about yourself and your personal power.
- Initiative creates opportunities and allows you to fuel your passion. Although you share the Road with others, no one else walks your steps.
Learn to carry yourself on your own back. People will drop you quicker than they picked you up.